Amrita products contain antioxidants that help reduce and prevent cell and DNA damage caused by free radicals.
Aging and getting older are two different things. Getting older means reaching maturity over time, but aging is the process of tissue decay in the body.
Wrinkles, weight gain and loose skin are just some of the unpleasant ones signs of aging. Getting older is not the main cause. Active oxygen (free radicals) and organic acids damage body tissues and thus trigger the aging process.
Facts about aging you should know:
- Aging and related diseases produce organic acids that break down the body's tissues.
- Acetic acid, carbonic acid, fatty acids, lactic acid, and uric acid are just some of the waste products our bodies create.
- Cell molecules in our body are damaged by active oxygen (free radicals). Such damage is called oxidative damage.
- Free radicals are believed to be responsible for diseases such as arthritis, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and diabetes.
Consuming alkaline water is one way to neutralize these acids and immobilize free radicals in the body.
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) and free radicals belongs to the oxidizing group. They consist of atoms, molecules or ions that are missing some electrons. This causes chemical instability. Lechatellier's principle, or the law of chemical equilibrium, states that any substance will strive to achieve equilibrium - an environment in which opposing forces (in this case, positively charged protons and negatively charged electrons) are in balance. Oxidizing agents have too many protons and too few electrons to be stable, so there is a lack of balance. Stability can be achieved only by taking electrons from another substance. In our body, this substance is body tissue and DNA.
Antioxidants are the opposite - they have too many electrons. Stability can be achieved only by giving up some electrons. This reaction in our body is called an oxidation-reduction reaction, when antioxidants give their electrons to oxidants. This reaction determines how many electrons are transferred from antioxidants to oxidants. After this reaction, the damaging oxidation potential of the oxidizer is reduced or destroyed. Thus, the amount of excess electrons of the antioxidant, which
it is able to transfer to an oxidizer, shows its ability to reduce oxidation.
After ingesting alkaline water, the stomach produces bicarbonate, which neutralizes the acids and is absorbed into the bloodstream.
Sang Whang, author of Aging and Reverse Aging, writes: "When we begin to lose blood bicarbonate around age 45, we begin to physiologically age,"... "All that we to stop aging and maintain good health is to replenish bicarbonate in the blood.”
Everyone should pay attention to their water consumption. However, tap water, filtered water, distilled water, and even purified water will never provide the same benefits as alkaline mineral water.
If healthy aging is important to you and you're trying to lose weight by eating nutrient-dense alkaline foods, adding alkaline water to your diet will help reverse the aging process and age beautifully and healthily.
When thinking about slowing down the aging process, alkaline water helps because…
- Alkaline water neutralizes accumulated acids and toxins; the body is able to eliminate neutralized toxins.
- Alkaline water provides cell protection and hydration and has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects.
- Alkaline water balances the body's pH level.
- Alkaline water enriches the body with oxygen, making it healthier by supporting cells for optimal assimilation of nutrients.
- Alkaline water helps reduce breakouts and skin irritation, resulting in significantly better skin.
- Alkaline water improves cell growth and regeneration.
- Alkaline water combined with alkaline food will provide the body with the necessary antioxidants to supply nutrients to repair damaged cells.
- Alkaline water nourishes and cleanses the body, thus preventing cell aging.
- Alkaline water helps produce energy and, if muscles are sore, overworked or tired, helps reduce stored lactic acid.
- Alkaline water, extra oxygen and electrons help kill free radicals that can cause cell damage.
- Alkaline water allows the body to produce mineral buffers so it can neutralize disease-promoting acidic waste products.